The Annual Review Mobile website provides a personalized browsing, searching, and reading experience optimized for the iPhone, iPod touch, and Android. Features in include:??
- Browse journals and articles
- Search journals by keyword, author, title?
- Access to abstracts
- Access to full-text articles (personal or institutional subscription required)
- Access to forthcoming articles (personal or institutional subscription required)?
- References and related links?
- Favorite journals and articles
The AR Mobile app also allows users to pair their mobile device with their institution?s subscriptions. This industry-first access management process controls access by user, device, and institution, allowing your patrons to access subscribed content on the go.
Start at the Annual Review Mobile site to start the pairing process.
IEEE Xplore Mobile provides free search of all IEEE Xplore documents directly on your mobile device. You can view up to 10 article abstracts per search. To view full-text articles, send the article links to your email address.
IEEE Xplore Mobile Beta is viewable on all web-enabled mobile devices. It has been optimized for newer mobile devices (i.e. Apple iPhone, Blackberry Storm). When using older mobile devices (i.e. Blackberry 8360, Blackberry Curve), you may be able to choose "Internet Browser" as your default browser in your device's options for optimal viewing.
Mobile JSTOR is best used for searching JSTOR while you're on the go, and then emailing the citations to yourself so you can read the articles later on a computer. You can zoom in to see pages if you connect through Off Campus Sign In and your phone supports zooming. JSTOR Mobile works on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry devices. See their help page for more information.
Authoritative consumer health information from MedlinePlus in a mobile-optimized Web site that includes summaries for over 800 diseases, conditions and wellness topics as well as the latest health news, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, and information on prescription and over-the-counter medications.
A website for searching MEDLINE with the web browser of any mobile device.
- Search for library materials
- Enter search terms such as keywords, author or title
- Find a WorldCat library near you
- (includes Virginia Tech libraries) Enter your ZIP, postal code or location in the Libraries Locator
- Call a library
- Highlight and click the phone number in a library listing to place a call
- Map a route
- Find the fastest way to a WorldCat library using the mapping software already on your device